Spring Academy and Legislative Fly-in
Attend the 2017 Spring Academy and Legislative Fly-In to:
- Discuss issues influencing education in 2017
- Learn a bit more about what is happening at the department of education
- Meet with legislators and other decision makers
- Be reminded of the importance of equity for all
- Be an active participant in helping all students feel safe and secure in schools.
- Show that the unity of Alaska’s School Boards can lead positive change
After all the positive comments we received from Commissioner Drygas’ CTE presentation at the February Fly-In, we’re adding a special NO COST ½ day event to the Fly-In Spring Academy.
On Friday, March 31—the day before our Fly-In officially begins—we’ve teamed with the Dept. of Labor and DEED to roll out an entire afternoon focused on Career Technical Education (CTE) for discussions around:
- School to Apprentice Program
- Regional Education Centers focused on CTE
- Alaska Construction Program
- How to work with limited Resources
- Students highlighting their experiences
- District success stories
We’re looking to assemble a group that wants to learn more about these and other CTE issues, and who are committed to keeping the CTE discussion alive. Interested? PLEASE encourage folks to register.