28th Annual June Nelson Scholarship Competition
Apply Now to Win a $1,500 Scholarship
Application Deadline: Midnight, March 25, 2019
Winners Announced: Saturday, April 6, 2019
The Association of Alaska School Boards is proud to announce its 28th Annual Scholarship Award Competition. The June Nelson Memorial Scholarship is named in honor of the late June Nelson, a longtime school board member from Kotzebue. June contributed much to the cause of education and will be remembered for her outstanding service on behalf of Alaska’s children.
This 2018-2019 school year, AASB will award fifteen $1,500 scholarships to apply toward post-secondary education. Thirteen of these scholarships are available for graduating seniors and two may be awarded to returning college sophomores. The scholarship may be applied toward the student’s choice of a business, trade, or a college institution.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Review Scholarship Guidelines
2. Gather Information
You will need to supply the following information:
- Your name and school information
- Response to the essay question – up to 750 words in length (attach PDF)
- Student involvement and activities history
- Copy of high school transcript with cumulative GPA (attach PDF)
- Acceptance letter from a business, trade or college institution. (attach PDF)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – one from a community member, one from a teacher. (attach PDF)
- SAT or ACT Scores (attach PDF)
3. Complete the online application
PLEASE NOTE: You Cannot Save A Session and Return to Complete it Later.
Follow these instructions carefully to complete the online application:
- Have all materials ready before you begin the application. All documentation must be submitted to the online form in a PDF format.
- You must upload all required documents in the same session that you complete your application for it to be submitted as “Complete.”
- Once your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarship awards.
- If you are having difficulty with the online process please call or email Jenn Larsen at AASB for assistance. 907-463-1660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #