High School Seniors: Apply Now for the June Nelson Scholarship!
Apply for AASB’s 30th Annual June Nelson Scholarship Competition! Winners receive a $1,500 Scholarship.
Monday, March 8, 2021 at 11:59 pm
The Association of Alaska School Boards is proud to announce its 30th Annual Scholarship Award Competition. The June Nelson Memorial Scholarship is named in honor of the late June Nelson, longtime school board member from Kotzebue. June contributed much to the cause of education and will be remembered for her outstanding service on behalf of Alaska’s children.
This 2020-2021 school year, AASB will award fifteen graduating seniors each with a $1,500 scholarship to apply toward their post-secondary education. The scholarship may be applied toward the student’s choice of a business, trade, or a college institution.
Required information and documents (PDF format) to submit:
- Your name and school information.
- Response to essay question – up to 750 words in length.
- Student involvement and activities history.
- Copy of high school transcript with cumulative GPA.
- Acceptance letter from a business, trade, or college institution.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – one from a community member, and one from a teacher.
- SAT or ACT Test Scores.
“Transforming Education Through Connections” was AASB’s Annual Conference theme this year. In 2020, social distancing and school closures have made person-to-person connections difficult. How has your education been transformed and how have you, and those around you, adapted to maintain personal connections that support your learning?
If you have any questions or difficulties, please call us at (907) 463-1660 or email us at email@example.com.