Job Opening: AASB Program Assistant
The Association of Alaska School Boards is seeking a person for the Program Assistant position. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest accompanied by a resume. The position is located in Juneau, AK. Compensation: Competitive Salary DOE. Employment type: full-time.
Digital applications are preferred. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by August 26, 2019. Position is open until filled, first review August 26th.
Director of Administration
Under the direction of the Director of Administration (supervisor) and Director of Community Engagement, the Program Assistant provides a wide range of key functions necessary to the efficient functioning of the organization.
This job requires well-developed organizational/multi-tasking skills as well as written and verbal communications skills to build relationships and efficiently manage workflow within the organization.
The accuracy, reliability and communications from this position directly impact school boards and partners working to improve school success across the state. Work involves managing multiple priorities and related deadlines. This position is responsible for sensitive and confidential information.
To ensure efficient operation of the office through a variety of tasks related to organization, communication, and administrative/grant support within the Association.
High School Diploma or equivalent (Degree or Certificate Preferred)
- Two years of related experience preferably in the area of customer relations, grants and contracts development/management, or working with a non-profit, state or tribal organization.
- Must be proficient using computers (Mac Platform experience desired), all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.), Adobe and other software applications to produce complex documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must have the ability to learn and apply knowledge of all pertinent federal, state and local regulations.
- Experience managing financial documentation, reporting, review, tracking and follow-up.
- Must be able to travel to Anchorage annually (November conference) and work some weekends in Juneau at AASB meetings.
- Enjoys working for the benefit of children, youth, and families.
- Reception and customer service for statewide school board members and partners contacting the Association of Alaska School Boards including answering phones, electronic correspondence, and organizing written correspondence.
- Support off-site trainings, conference and meeting preparation, packing, travel needs, and registration set-up and on-site support as needed including:
- Oversee all aspects of CVENT event management including: Event creation within registration system, email notifications, registration support, annual conference mobile app & on-site registration equipment.
- Manage ordering of supplies, office equipment and general office needs.
- Trouble-shoot equipment and act as liaison to tech support.
- Record deposits.
- Process book orders.
- Schedule and support key office mailings.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Assist with student scholarship and selection committee needs.
- Play a key role in grant administration:
- Compiles and organizes sub-grantee reports and financial documentation from school district, tribes, of partners.
- Develops and edits agreements, correspondence and materials to support timely grant management and communication needs.
- Organizes materials and documentation to support streamlined grant management and contract processes.
- Maintains the necessary records, files, reports, databases and resource material pertinent to grant and contracted activities in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Supports the compilation and development of materials for grant writing and reporting.
- Monitors website and reports communication needs to key staff to update web and electronic information.
- Work with AASB IT Coordinator to administer statewide salary survey
- Performs a variety of administrative support activities to ensure effectiveness of organization.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
AASB believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, AASB will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, political or religious beliefs, physical or mental conditions and family, social or cultural background in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on qualifications and job requirements.