Winners Will Be Announced April 6th
27th Annual June Nelson Scholarship Competition
Win a $1,500 Scholarship Application
New Deadline: March 16, 2018
The Association of Alaska School Boards is proud to announce its 27th Annual Scholarship Award Competition. The June Nelson Memorial Scholarship is named in honor of the late June Nelson, longtime school board member from Kotzebue. June contributed much to the cause of education and will be remembered for her outstanding service on behalf of Alaska’s children.
This 2017-2018 school year, AASB will award fifteen graduating seniors each with a $1,500 scholarship to apply toward their post-secondary education. The scholarship may be applied toward the student’s choice of a business, trade, or a college institution.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Download and complete Application Form
2. Gather Information
You will need to supply the following information:
- Your name and school information
- Response to the essay question – up to 750 words in length (attach PDF)
- Student involvement and activities history
- Copy of high school transcript with cumulative GPA (attach PDF)
- Acceptance letter from a business, trade or college institution. (attach PDF)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – one from a community member, one from a teacher. (attach PDF)
- SAT or ACT Scores (attach PDF)
3. Submit completed Application Form and attachments
- Email to AASB
OR you can complete the online application here.
Please follow these instructions carefully to complete the online application:
- YOU CANNOT SAVE A SESSION AND RETURN TO COMPLETE IT LATER.
- Have all materials ready before you begin the application, including all PDF documents to be uploaded.
- You must upload all required documents in the same session that you complete your application for it to be submitted as “Complete.”
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarship awards