2022 Fall Boardsmanship Academy Resources
Thanks to our sponsor for helping to make this event possible!
Alaska 529 is a tax-advantaged education saving plan that makes it easy for parents and loved ones to save for future education expenses. Learn More Here
AASB’s Fall Boardsmanship Academy
Pike’s Waterfront Lodge in Fairbanks
Our first event for the 2022-2023 school year! The conference included networking opportunities and sessions to sharpen boardsmanship skills and cover current topics of interest to school boards.
Session topics included an Update for the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development (DEED) including the new STAR assessments, Teacher Recruitment & Retention in Alaska, Board Roles & Responsibilities, and more.
- Fall Boardsmanship Academy Agenda
- Teacher Recruitment & Retention Work Group, Dr. Barbara L. Adams, Adams Analytic Solutions, LLC. – Slides
- Updated: Roles & Responsibilities – Board & Superintendent Handbook
- Your Roles and Responsibilities as a School Board Member, Tiffany Jackson & Jenni Lefing – Slides
- Strategic Planning, Timi Tullis – Slides
- If your students don’t know where they are heading, how will they get there?, Emily Ferry – Slides | Postsecondary Navigation Inventory | Postsecondary Resources for Students, Families & Schools
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.