Recruitment Announcement: Administrative Assistant, CFL Team
The Association of Alaska School Board’s Conditions for Learning Team is looking for an energetic, organized and committed administrative support professional to work with our dynamic team to improve student outcomes and advance educational equity. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, have exceptional organizational skills, and committed to improving student outcomes.
Summary/Primary Purpose of Job
Provide a high level of administrative support for the conditions for learning team, and other AASB teams as necessary. This position will create systems, organize, schedule, and provide support for this dynamic team to advance equity and improve student outcomes.
The Conditions for Learning Team: Works on school improvement and community engagement including culturally responsive schools, school climate, trauma engaged schools, youth leadership, family partnership with school districts and school boards.
- Work closely with the Conditions for Learning Director and Manager to schedule team events and team meetings.
- Work with the Conditions for Learning team to schedule and monitor project deadlines and milestones.
- Work with the business office to process conditions for learning invoices and other business office documents.
- Use DocuSign and other systems to help get signatures and complete contracts and memorandum of understanding.
- Work with the Conditions for Learning Director to organize and format grant documents for funders as needed.
- Support Condition for Learning team members’ workspace needs.
- Ensure appropriate supplies and equipment are available for team workshops.
- Create internal documents to support project success.
- Work closely with the Director and Grant Manager to track and submit necessary documents.
- Create systems for organizing documents and workflow.
- Monitor and improve upon electronic filing and data storage needs.
- Support logistics for in-person team meetings
- Support logistics for external partner meetings and AASB services.
- Use google suite to administer surveys, track information, and draft correspondence.
- Work with the Data and Evaluation Coordinator to enter data and monitor data tracking tools.
- Identify supportive software to assist team coordination.
- Create document templates as needed.
- Work to support the physical and virtual environment of the team.
- Provide administrative support and high-level correspondence and scheduling for the Director, Conditions for Learning.
- Offer high-level administrative support to the Director, Conditions for Learning.
- Support the communications manager to distribute and elevate Conditions for Learning messaging and materials.
- Improve the use of technology and systems used by the Conditions for Learning team to organize the team workflow and monitor deliverables.
- Build relationships and reach out to partners and AASB members to fulfill the purpose of our grants, contracts, or services.
- Work closely with the Communication and Marketing Coordinator to distribute important communications and materials.
- Manage inventory of office supplies for the Conditions for Learning team or other teams as necessary.
- As a part of a rotating team, support phone calls and correspondence for the Conditions for Learning Team or other teams as necessary.
- Provide technical support for zoom and google meetings.
- Support Conditions for Learning Director and Manager on carrying out project tasks as needed.
- Take on special projects that align with team needs and personal interests.
- Follow the strategic direction of AASB.
- Report on work to the Director for Conditions for Learning
- Support key events (grantee meetings, youth institutes, trainings)
- Contribute to strategic thinking/planning in the association
- Develop and sustain a high level of professionalism among staff, members, school district personnel and partnering agencies.
- Committed to strong teams and student success.
- High School diploma minimum, further degrees preferred.
- Exemplifies the highest moral, professional and ethical behavior.
- Understanding of the cultures and peoples of Alaska.
- Awareness and understanding of Alaska and Alaska’s education system.
- Growth mindset and interest in continued professional development.
- Must be proficient using technology including all Microsoft Office programs, (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.), apple tools, Google Suite, Adobe and other software applications to produce complex documents.
- Must be able to travel and work weekends a few times per year for trainings/conferences.
- Experience using a wide range of social media, document development, and organizational management tools.
- Experience supporting and working with high performing teams.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, spoken and listening
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Committed to building team relationships and working collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands
- Comfort working with a range of partners across the state from villages, towns, and cities.
- Committed to the equitable outcomes for students in Alaska
- Problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Competent in current-day and emerging technology and software
- Marketing or high level administrative work history preferred
- Enjoys working for the benefit of children, youth, and families
Work to be conducted primarily in the Juneau office with some remote office work possible.
Some lifting required (up to 40 lbs.). Long hours on the computer keyboard. Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
This is a full-time Non-Exempt (overtime eligible) position. Regular work days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. A benefit package is included.
This position is funded through a combination of federal, state and private grant funding.
AASB believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, AASB will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, political or religious beliefs, physical or mental conditions and family, social or cultural background in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on experience, qualifications and job requirements.
Deadline to Apply: August 5th.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information contact Lori Grassgreen firstname.lastname@example.org.