Team Support Specialist – Conditions for Learning
Director, Conditions for Learning
Part-time or full-time position available.
Summary/Primary Purpose of Job:
This position creates strong organizational systems for the Community Engagement and Conditions for Learning (CFL) team.
A successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and will use these skills to help our team develop processes, systems, and tools to help our team carry out their projects dedicated to school improvement, student outcomes, families, and community.
AASB offers many opportunities for advancement and learning.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full-time positions receive a generous leave and benefit package.
- Learn about the school improvement, youth leadership, family partnership, and community work of the team and understand the key supports that would be helpful to organize our work.
- Work closely with the communication and marketing team to distribute important communications and materials.
- Organize event logistics, schedule events and team meetings.
- Monitor team deadlines and milestones.
- Create internal documents to support project success.
- Create systems for organizing documents and workflow.
- Monitor and improve upon electronic filing and data storage needs.
- Support logistics for team meetings (internal or external)
- Use google suite to administer surveys, track information, and draft correspondence.
- Identify supportive software to assist team coordination.
- Support correspondence and material development for the CFL Director.
- Support the communications manager to distribute and elevate Conditions for Learning messaging and materials.
- Improve the use of technology and systems used by our team to organize the team workflow and monitor deliverables.
- Build strong relationships with our team and with our school and community partners.
- As a part of a rotating team, support phone calls and correspondence.
- Provide technical support for zoom and google meetings.
- Take on special projects that align with your personal interests and team needs.
- High School diploma minimum, further degrees preferred.
- Exemplifies the highest moral, professional and ethical behavior.
- Understanding of the cultures and peoples of Alaska.
- Interest in Alaska’s education system.
- Interest in continued professional development.
- Proficient using technology including all Microsoft Office programs, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), apple tools, Google Workspace, Adobe and other software applications to produce complex documents.
- Experience using a wide range of social media, document development, and organizational management tools.
- Experience supporting and working with high-performing teams.
- Experience supporting event logistics (grantee meetings, youth institutes)
- Develop and sustain a high level of professionalism among staff, members, school district personnel and partnering agencies.
- Committed to strong teams and student success.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, spoken and listening
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Committed to building team relationships and working collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands
- Comfort working with a range of partners across the state from villages, towns, and cities.
- Committed to equitable outcomes for students in Alaska
- Problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Competent in current-day and emerging technology and software
- Marketing or high-level administrative work history preferred
- Enjoys working for the benefit of children, youth, and families
This position is a flexible position that can be either full or part-time. Some remote office work is possible.
Some lifting required (up to 40 lbs). Long hours on the computer keyboard. Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
Part-time positions currently do not qualify for benefits. Full-time Non-Exempt (overtime eligible) positions receive a generous leave and benefit package. Hours can be negotiated upon hiring.
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled.
Please contact Lori Grassgreen at email@example.com for more information.
AASB believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, AASB will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, political or religious beliefs, physical or mental conditions and family, social or cultural background in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on experience, qualifications and job requirements.