Recruitment Announcement: Team Support Specialist – Conditions for Learning
Director, Conditions for Learning
Summary/Primary Purpose of Job:
Work with our conditions for learning team to create strong systems for school improvement and community engagement. The ideal applicant will be committed to learning about our work, have an eye for detail, strong communication skills, and help to create the structures that support our team’s work as advocates for youth.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys supporting team success through organizing, logistics, and systems. It is a position for a new professional or seasoned administrator that is committed to teamwork and successful projects.
AASB is committed to developing each staff member’s professional learning and professional goals.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Learn about the school improvement, youth leadership, family partnership, and community work of the team and understand the key supports that would be helpful to organize our work.
- Work closely with the communication and marketing team to distribute important communications and materials.
- Organize event logistics, schedule events and team meetings.
- Monitor team deadlines and milestones.
- Create internal documents to support project success.
- Create systems for organizing documents and workflow.
- Monitor and improve upon electronic filing and data storage needs.
- Support logistics for team meetings (internal or external)
- Use google suite to administer surveys, track information, and draft correspondence.
- Identify supportive software to assist team coordination.
- Support correspondence and material development for the CFL Director.
- Support the communications manager to distribute and elevate Conditions for Learning messaging and materials.
- Improve the use of technology and systems used by our team to organize the team workflow and monitor deliverables.
- Build strong relationships with our team and with our school and community partners.
- As a part of a rotating team, support phone calls and correspondence.
- Provide technical support for zoom and google meetings.
- Take on special projects that align with your personal interests and team needs.
- High School diploma minimum, further degrees preferred.
- Exemplifies the highest moral, professional and ethical behavior.
- Understanding of the cultures and peoples of Alaska.
- Interest in Alaska’s education system.
- Interest in continued professional development.
- Proficient using technology including all Microsoft Office programs, (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.), apple tools, Google Suite, Adobe and other software applications to produce complex documents.
- Experience using a wide range of social media, document development, and organizational management tools.
- Experience supporting and working with high performing teams.
- Experience supporting event logistics (grantee meetings, youth institutes)
- Develop and sustain a high level of professionalism among staff, members, school district personnel and partnering agencies.
- Committed to strong teams and student success.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, spoken and listening
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Committed to building team relationships and working collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands
- Comfort working with a range of partners across the state from villages, towns, and cities.
- Committed to the equitable outcomes for students in Alaska
- Problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Competent in current-day and emerging technology and software
- Marketing or high level administrative work history preferred
- Enjoys working for the benefit of children, youth, and families
Work to be conducted primarily in the Juneau office 8:00-5:00. Some remote office work possible. Three weekends of work will be requested annually.
Some lifting required (up to 40 lbs.). Long hours on the computer keyboard. Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
This is a full-time Non-Exempt (overtime eligible) position. Regular work days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. A benefit package is included.
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 21st.
Please contact Lori Grassgreen at email@example.com for more information.