Recruitment Announcement: Administrative Assistant – Part Time
The Association of Alaska School Boards is looking for a talented and organized Administrative professional to provide a high level of administrative support to the Association’s teams as necessary. This position will organize, schedule, and provide support to this dynamic team to advance equity and improve student outcomes.
- Work closely with Membership Services Manager and team to provide logistical support for event planning including room blocks, catering and meeting spaces. Point of contact for event location staff.
- Assist in the preparation of workshop and meeting packets and materials, including online surveys.
- Provide support to the Superintendent search team.
- Provide support for the June Nelson Memorial Scholarship process.
- Provide support for the Membership awards process
- Record deposits.
- Track the Carl Rose membership award points.
- Act as receptionist and customer service for statewide school board members and partners contacting the Association of Alaska School Boards including answering phones.
- Work with AASB IT Coordinator to administer a statewide salary survey.
- Support AASB’s team members’ workspace needs.
- Ensure appropriate supplies and equipment are available for teams.
- Monitor and improve upon electronic filing and data storage needs.
- Use Google suite to administer surveys, track information, and draft correspondence.
- Work closely with the Communication and Membership Manager to distribute important communications and materials.
- Manage inventory of office supplies.
- Provide technical support for zoom and google meetings.
- Follow the strategic direction of AASB.
- Support key events and trainings
- Develop and sustain a high level of professionalism among staff, members, school district personnel and partnering agencies.
- Committed to strong teams and student success.
- High School diploma minimum, further degrees preferred.
- Exemplifies the highest moral, professional and ethical behavior.
- Understanding of the cultures and peoples of Alaska.
- Awareness and understanding of Alaska and Alaska’s education system.
- Growth mindset and interest in continued professional development.
- Must be proficient using technology including all Microsoft Office programs, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Apple tools, Google Suite, Adobe and other software applications to produce complex documents.
- Maybe asked to travel and work weekends a few times per year for trainings/conferences.
- Experience using a wide range of social media, document development, and organizational management tools.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, spoken and listening
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Committed to building team relationships and working collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands
- Problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Competent in current-day and emerging technology and software
- Enjoys working for the benefit of children, youth, and families
Working Conditions: Work to be conducted primarily in the Juneau office with some remote office work possible.
Physical Demands: Some lifting required (up to 40 lbs.). Long hours on the computer keyboard. Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
Salary/Benefits: This is a part-time Non-Exempt (overtime eligible) position. Regular work days are negotiable, but will fall sometime between Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, 20-25 hours per week. Salary is dependent on experience.
Application Process: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is November 21st. If you have any questions, please contact Timi Tullis at email@example.com.