2019 AASB Spring Academy & Legislative Fly-In Resources
Presentations and resource materials from the 2019 Spring Academy & Legislative Fly-In are posted here throughout the event.
- Spring Fly-In Photos!
- WATCH: School Districts testimony to House Education Committee on 4/8/19
- Session Priorities – Spring Fly-In Harvest Notes
- SUMMARY OF SURVEY RESULTS: Alaska voter perspectives on pre-K, K-12 public education issues This survey was recently commissioned by the Association of Alaska School Boards (AASB), the Alaska Council of School Administrators (ACSA), and Coalition for Education Equity of Alaska (CEE). It revealed that Alaskans rank investment in K-12 public education as a top priority for government spending. The survey was conducted by Zogby Analytics during January 16-21, 2019, ONE MONTH PRIOR to the release of the governor’s proposed budget. The results reflect Alaskans’ unbiased feelings about the state’s education system, and are a not a reaction to the governor’s proposed cuts.
- Current Legislative Budget – SSHB 39
- Youth On Boards – Exploring Youth Representation on your Board
- Fly-In Agenda
Saturday, April 6
- Slideshow: Early Learning and Literacy, Deborah Riddle, DEED Division Operations Manager
- Slideshow: Your Role in Chronic Absenteeism, Tamara Van Wyhe, Alaska Department of Education
- Slideshow: Transforming Schools: Lessons Learned from Alaska’s Framework for Trauma Engaged Practice, Lisa Worl and Heather Coulehan
- Document: Transforming Schools: A Framework for Trauma-Engaged Practice in Alaska
Sunday, April 7
- Slideshow: What is Currently Driving the Legislature, Norm Wooten, AASB Executive Director
- Slideshow: Legislative Priorities and Bill Review, Norm Wooten, AASB Executive Director
- Slideshow: Understanding Alaska’s Fiscal Situation – Donna Arduin, OMB Director
- Video: Donna Arduin’s Luncheon Presentation (thanks to Deena Mitchell)