Register Now for SCCS!
We invite your district to participate in the 2021 School Climate & Connectedness Survey (SCCS). Each year, the majority of Alaska school districts collect and use school climate data to improve and strengthen school environments, relationships, and connections between students, staff, & families.
Schools are looking quite different this year. But no matter what shape learning is happening in your district—online, in-person, or blended—it is essential for students, staff, and families to feel safe and connected.
For the 2021 school year, additional questions have been added to better understand the needs of students, staff, and families during COVID-19.
January 19- March 26 2021 Statewide Window
New This Year!
- Districts will select 1 of 2 five-week windows to allow for more flexibility
- COVID-19 questions for students, staff, and families to better understand their experiences & needs this school year.
Why take SCCS?
- Measure student, staff and family perceptions on school climate that are linked to academic outcomes.
- Review data trends over time.
- Compare school and district results to statewide data, and urban or rural results.
- Identify opportunities for strength and growth to build connection and positive climates.
- Approved School Climate Survey of the National Center on Safe Learning Environments.
- Participating districts receive ongoing technical assistance including webinars, 1:1 support, and survey proctor guides.
- Get support on how to use survey results, including in-person or virtual workshops.
SCCS’s interactive survey platform makes survey administration, reporting and analysis interactive and user friendly.
Platform Features include:
- Real-time dashboard for participation.
- Online interactive school & district reports to explore data in a variety of ways.
- Ability to explore responses by grade level, gender, ethnicity, and other student groups.
- See trends over time.
- See responses by group (students, staff, families).
Contact Jenni Lefing with any questions.