ASK AASB: When filling a vacant board slot, what questions should applicants be asked during interviews?
Questions to ask potential new board members:
- What skill set do you bring to the board?
- What do you think it takes to create a team that can work toward a common objective and what would you bring to that team?
- What is your understanding of the relationship between a board and the superintendent?
- Explain your understanding of “governance” and “management”.
- Why do you want to be a school board member?
- Tell us about your experiences with the ABC schools.
- If selected as a school board member how would see your role with the community/parents/students/staff?
- If you could change one thing about our school, what would that be?
- What area of school board service interests you the most?
For more answers to frequently asked questions, visit the ASK AASB page.
# # #