REGISTER NOW! Legislative/Leadership Fly-In & Youth Advocacy Institute, February 8- 11
Please join us in Juneau February 8-11 for the Annual Legislative Fly-In and Youth Advocacy Institute (YAI). Saturday 2/8 will focus on Board/Superintendent Relationships. Sunday 2/9 will be dedicated to learning about key issues for this legislative session, along with guidance on how to advocate for public education.
New this year: Pre-conference session on Friday 2/7 for Superintendents & School Board Presidents, Friday, February 7, 1-5 pm Egan Room, Centennial Hall.
Attend AASB’s first Legislative & Leadership Fly-In of 2020 to:
- Learn about:
- Your Role in the Budget Process
- Communication with the Board
- Superintendent-Board Team
- Advocacy on the Hill
- Discussing key legislative issues influencing education in 2020
- Identifying legislative priorities
- Meeting with legislators and other decision-makers
- Learning how new legislation will affect your district
Register students to attend this year’s Youth Advocacy Institute (YAI), an opportunity for high school students to:
- Develop advocacy & leadership skills.
- Learn about current legislative education issues
- Spend time with school board members discussing issues faced by students in Alaska schools.